According to a report, the Indian students ranked on the second position on the basis of the number of students that migrate every year to study in Canada for getting the high quality education. According to a recent report released on 7th November, 2014, approximately 13,758 Indian Students were got their Canadian Student visas. Apart from it also thousands of people from all over the world migrate there for gaining information from its world class education system.
Not,only the students are excited to go and study in Canada, but also Canadian government is looking forward to double the number of students coming to get educated from Canada. To encourage the foreign students, in June 2014, Canada announced reformed regulations to strengthen Canada’s reputation as a study destination and improve services to genuine students, while maintaining Canada’s international reputation for high-quality education. Canada land mass is 9 970610 km2 (The worlds second largest country).
• Canada’s Population is 35.6 million (2011)
• Expected Life Expectancy: at Canada is 80.9 Years (2008)
• Immigration to Canada: 559,114 arrivals (2010)
• Ottawa is the Capital of Canada (located in Ontario)
• Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories.
• The Canadian dollar is divided into 100 cents (like the American dollar)
• In Canada $1 and $2 are represented by coins. Nicknamed the 006Coonie
• Canada is a constitutional monarchy and a federal state with a democratic parliament
• The Parliament is in Ottawa and is comprised of the House of Commons (Lower House) and the Senate (The Upper House – whose members are appointed)
• There are currently 5 officially recognized parties in the House of Commons: The Liberals, Canadian Alliance, Bloc Quebecois, Progressive Conservatives and the New Democratic Party.
• Canada currently sits on the United Nations Security Council as a non-permanent representative.
• Canada is a member of many international organizations including NATO, OSCE, OAS and APEC.
• It is also regarded as a relatively safe and peaceful place to live.
• Canada is a bilingual nation having both English as well as French as its official languages at the federal level.
Now, if you think that Canada is a right place in terms of lifestyle, education and career orientation, and if you have planned to move to this country for educational purposes, then its a right time for you to start your process to study in Canada with the precious guidance of our qualified study visa consultants.
It is compulsory for all foreign students to obtain a student authority and visa before migrating to study in Canada. A student must also meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations under normal circumstances. Kindly allow a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks for your visa to be processed. Read the step by step procedure of getting Canada student visa, provided in the below given content by the qualified team of Western Overseas:
To study in Canada firstly, you should obtain an approval of admissions (offer letter) from an accredited education provider in Canada. There are numerous SDS Colleges and Universities in Canada that offers a wide range of programmes and great facilities to their students. The best way to find a right education provider is to conduct research on the best colleges/universities in Canada offering relevant courses and shortlist a few of them. After this, browse the website of the shortlisted colleges and select the appropriate one in terms of quality of education, ranking, programme structure, programme fee and other facilities for international students. Then complete the application to the institution of your choice. While applying for admission, you need to submit a few documents, including proof of your previous academic qualifications, passport copy, and proof of your English language ability. Wait until your offer letter is received.
After accepting your offer from your education provider, you must pay the tuition fee as mentioned in the offer letter. This payment is made by International Wire Transfer. Once the institutions have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue you with receipt. This receipt will be needed to lodge your Canada student visa application.
It is compulsory for the students to buy a special guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) from any of the participating bank like: Nova Scotia Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI Canada Bank, CIBC Bank for the amount of $ 10,200 CAD for the adjustment of the living expenses of the first year. Approx. $200 will be deducted as the administrative charges of Bank (It depends on Bank to Bank). The student receives $ 2000 immediately after arrival in Canada. Next $8000 will be paid to the students in 12 equal installments as each month’s living expenses. This is a nonredeemable investment.
You will now need to take a medical examination a doctor approved by the Canadian government. You can find a list of approved panel by visiting; (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx).
You will be provided a receipt for the medical, which is required when you apply for a visa. The medical report will automatically be transferred to the visa office.
To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents as per SDS Checklist:
1. Visa Application Form
2. Original valid passport with photocopy of the Biodata page
3. Family information form .
4. An Acceptance Letter issued by the SDS Educational institute in Canada
5. Use of Representative Form (IMM 5476)
6. Proof of English Proficiency Test
7. Academic Documents
8. Receipt of Payment of Tuition fee
9. Evidence of GIC purchase
10. Student Questionnare
11. Medical, etc.
After receiving the passport, you will get to know about the outcome of your Canadian student visa application